CREST AUDIO CC5500 Professional Power Amplifier
Crest Audio CC Series amplifiers are designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability under extreme stress in touring or fixed installation applications.
Absolute sonic accuracy is the hallmark of every Crest amplifier. Bass is solid and defined to the limits of audibility with ample current reserves. Wide-bandwidth output devices ensure detailed, transparent high frequency response. And, thanks to Crest’s exclusive IGM™ circuit, the CC Series will drive 2 Ohm loads safely without compromising performance.
CREST AUDIO CC5500 FEATURES:
- 8 Ohms: 1,150 W per Channel
4 Ohms: 1,800 W per Channel
2 Ohms: 2,750 W per Channel
4 Ohm Bridged Mono - 5,500 W
- Toroidal power transformer
- Magnetic circuit breaker on/off switch
- Cooled by variable speed fan with back-to-front airflow
- Mode selector switch for stereo, parallel and bridged-mono operation
- Inputs: Balanced female XLR, 1/4" TRS combi jacks
- Outputs: Speakon® and five-way binding posts
- Recessed, stepped attenuators
- 16-gauge steel chassis, cast aluminum front panel
- Five year warranty*
-ACL™ (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage by providing gentle gain reduction when the signal approaches the clipping threshold.
-IGM™ (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices. This allows safe operation into nominal 2 Ohm speaker loads.
-AUTORAMP™ gradually increases gain to the attenuator level settings when the amplifier is turned on. This prevents abrupt turn-on level.
-Other protection features include: short circuit, DC voltage, comprehensive thermal management and current in-rush turn-on/off; transient sub-sonic input.