The Lectrosonics DM84 is an 8 input x 4 output digital matrix processor with
the capability to route any combination of inputs to any combination of outputs
with extremely low throughput latency. Automatic microphone mixing is accomplished
via a patented Adaptive Proportional Gain algorithm. Sophisticated filtering
is offered on each input and output. A compressor is available on each input,
a compressor and limiter on each output. In addition, each input and output
can be configured with a delay setting of up to 100 ms for inputs, 250 ms for
outputs. The Lectrosonics DM84 runs on the latest-generation DSP architecture
and can be integrated as part of a larger system by connecting other Lectrosonics
DM84 units (like the DMTH4) via the Digital Audio Network Interface (DANI) bus.
Lectrosonics DM84 Features:
- 8-in/4-out digital matrix architecture
- Stackable with enlarged matrix up to 24-in/12-out
- Front panel level controls with activity LEDs
- 6 filters plus compressor on each input
- 9 filters plus compressor/limiter on each output
- USB and RS-232 interfaces for setup and control
- Fully balanced audio signal flow through entire system
- Digital I/O ports for connection to other LecNet 2 devices
- Proportional gain auto mixing algorithm with AutoSkew™ - US Patent
- Simultaneous LecNet2 and Third-Party control
The Lectrosonics DM84 has enhanced expandability - up to a limit of three,
combining multiple Lectrosonics DM84 units expands not only the number of the
mic inputs, but also the number of distinct outputs/mix busses in the system.
Stacking 2 units creates a 16x8 mixing matrix; stacking 3 units creates a 24x12
mixing matrix. While individual outputs/mix buses are normally treated as independent
NOM buses for microphone mixing, the Lectrosonics DM84's "phantom"
mix mode capability allows multiple mix busses to be combined into a single
NOM bus for mix-minus sound reinforcement applications.
The Lectrosonics DM84 offers eight mic/line inputs with four mic/line outputs;
switchable phantom power to handle condenser microphones; programmable front-panel
control knobs for easy input and output gain adjustment; front panel indicators
for input and output channel activity; and auto mic mixing with Proportional
Gain and AutoSkew. The Lectrosonics DM84 is AMX® and CRESTRON® compatible
with USB and RS-232 interfaces for setup and control. Also, a programmable I/O
interface allows control of the Lectrosonics DM84 using contact closures or
voltage levels as well as system status monitoring.