Lectrosonics PDR: Portable Digital Recorder
The Lectrosonics PDR (Portable Digital Recorder) is designed for HD quality
professional use. For situations in which the distance is extreme or where using
a wireless microphone is not practical, the PDR recorder can travel with your
subject and capture professional quality audio, synchronized with timecode.
The tiny size and rounded shape make the PDR unobtrusive and easy to place in
garments and costumes, and easy to conceal when used as a “plant”
microphone to capture environmental or location sound.
The Lectrosonics PDR records in 24 bit, 48 kHz digital onto a Micro SD card
(HC type) in the industry-standard .wav (Broadcast Wave File) format. The PDR
can be jammed to external time code via the standard 5-pin Lemo connector. A
headphone output jack allows for monitoring the signal input or listening to
previously recorded files.
Lectrosonics PDR Features:
- Professional quality digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format
- Ultra compact size for easy concealment
- Records to micro SD cards (HC) type - Class 10
- Wide range input gain adjustment for mic to line level signals
- Time code sync from external source
- Standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack
- Lectrosonics "servo bias" input preamp
- Solid machined aluminum construction
- Over six hours of operation on a single AAA lithium battery
The input connector is the industry standard TA5M jack that accepts any mic
or line level signal, and provides bias voltage to power a wide variety of electret
lavaliere microphones. The input connection and wiring is compatible with microphones
pre-wired for use with Lectrosonics professional wireless microphone transmitters
with servo bias type inputs.
Setup and adjustment is made through an intuitive interface provided by the
keypad and LCD. In keeping with typical Lectrosonics mechanical designs, the
housing is machined from a solid aluminum billet then hard anodized for the
ruggedness needed in field production. The PDR runs for over 6 hours on a single
lithium AAA battery.
Lectrosonics PDR Included Accessories:
- 1 x AAA Alkaline Battery
- 1 x SD Card
- 1 x Manual
- 1 x Beltclip (# PDRWBC)
Here is a list of Lectrosonics recommended SDHC Cards:
- Lexar 16GB High Performance UHS-I (Lexar part number LSDMI16GBBNL300).
- SanDisk 16GB Extreme PLUS UHS-I (SanDisk part number SDSDQX-016G-GN6MA)
- Sony 16GB UHS-I (Sony part number SR16UXA/TQ)
- PNY Technologies 16GB Elite UHS-1 (PNY part number P-SDU16U185EL-GE)
- Samsung 16GB PRO UHS-1 (Samsung part number MB-MG16EA/AM)
- 20 - 20 kHz frequency response.
- 105 dB(A) signal to noise (in HD mono mode), <0.035% distortion.
- Time code is SMPTE 12M - 1999 compliant.
- The PDR is 2.3x2.1x.7 inches (60x54x17 mm), and weighs 2.5 oz (71 grams)