MEYER SOUND 900-LFC : Compact Low-Frequency Control Element
Meyer Sound’s 900-LFC compact low-frequency control element reproduces low frequencies at high, continuous output levels with extremely low distortion. The 900-LFC offers the same sonic linearity as Meyer Sound’s 1100-LFC low-frequency control element in a smaller, lighter cabinet, making it ideal for building scalable systems to suit touring applications or fixed installations of any size.
Meyer Sound 900-LFC FEATURES and BENEFITS:
- Compact cabinet with small footprint and extraordinary power-to-size ratio
- High peak power output with extremely low distortion
- Exceptional linearity, transient reproduction, and low-frequency clarity
- Self-powered for simplified setup and increased reliability
- Stackable and flyable in regular and cardioid arrays, with tilt and splay options
- Integral pole-mount receptacle easily pairs the subwoofer with UltraSeries loudspeakers
Meyer Sound 900-LFC SOLUTIONS:
- Scalable low-frequency control for touring applications or fixed installations of any size
- Clubs, theatres, houses of worship, corporate AV, and theme parks
- Low-frequency complement for LEO-M, LYON, and LEOPARD systems
A newly-designed class D amplifier affords unprecedented efficiency to the 900-LFC, significantly lowering distortion while reducing power consumption and operating temperature. The onboard amplifier and control circuitry are contained in a single, field-replaceable module.
In addition to pairing with LEOPARD™ systems, the 900-LFC integrates easily with other Meyer Sound loudspeaker systems, including LEO-M™, LYON™, and UltraSeries. LEOPARD and 900 LFC can be driven by Meyer Sound’s Galileo Callisto™ 616 array processor, which provides matrix routing, alignment, and processing for array components. To guarantee optimum performance, systems with 900-LFC should be designed with Meyer Sound’s MAPP™ software. LEOPARD and 900-LFC loudspeakers work with Meyer Sound’s RMS™ remote monitoring system, which provides comprehensive monitoring of system parameters from a Mac® or Windows®-based computer.
The 900-LFC is available with or without Meyer Sound’s QuickFly® rigging. When equipped with the optional MRK-900 rigging kit, the 900-LFC’s captive GuideALinks™ allow it to be flown from the MG-LEOPARD/900 multipurpose grid in LEOPARD arrays without a transition frame. 900 LFCs can also be flown separately as a subwoofer array with variable splay angles from 0 to 5 degrees. The MG-LEOPARD/900 grid can also be used for groundstacks with uptilt or downtilt. Both versions of the 900-LFC can be transported in stacks with the optional MCF-900 caster frame.
"As an industry, we are accustomed to subwoofers carrying a distinct harmonic tone. This 'sound' of any subwoofer becomes part of how a product is evaluated. Linear loudspeakers lack this enhancement, and are measured by their ability to precisely reproduce the electronic signals without altering the sonic characteristics. Bringing Meyer Sound's linear technology and our advances in loudspeaker headroom and peak level control to the low-frequency domain is an exciting direction for us."
John Meyer [CEO of Meyer Sound]