Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 : Wide Coverage Loudspeaker
The Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 design continue the tradition of the highly successful
UPA loudspeakers - so versatile they have been a universal standard in almost
every application for over 35 years. From touring performances to theme parks,
worship venues to theater shows, and lecture halls to large scale concerts.
Meyer Sound technology has delivered exceptional fidelity with high power, low
distortion, and uniformly predictable behavior.
To this legacy, Meyer Sound incorporated technology from the popular and award-winning
LEO® Family of loudspeakers to bring multiple enhancements to bear in the
- Innovative, highly efficient class D amplifier and advanced signal processing
that reproduce any sound source with linearity over a wide dynamic range.
- Weight reduction of 25 lb (11 kg), as well as a reduction in overall size
compared to the UPA loudspeakers for increased power to weight and size ratios.
- Concentric driver configuration with all the benefits of a coaxial driver,
yet none of the disadvantages. In addition, this configuration supports directional
control of frequencies down to 400 Hz.
- Extremely well-behaved, rotatable horns designed for very precise, even
coverage. These horn designs, in conjunction with the concentric driver configuration,
deliver consistent patterns despite the orientation.
With these enhancements, the ULTRA-X40/42 loudspeakers provide high power output,
low distortion, and consistent polar response in a more compact, vented enclosure.
The ULTRA-X40 loudspeaker features two 8-inch cone low frequency drivers and
one 3-inch diaphragm compression driver coupled with a rotatable 110° x
50° Constant-Q horn. A more controlled pattern is available on the ULTRA-X42
model, which is fitted with a 70° x 50° constant-Q horn.
Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 Features:
- Exceptional fidelity and surprising power capability delivered in a compact,
- Extraordinarily flat amplitude and phase response ensures tonal accuracy
and precise imaging.
- 110H x 50V Rotatable Horn
- Two 8-Inch LF Drivers
- One 3-Inch HF Diaphragm Compression Driver
- Three-Channel Class-D Digital Power Amplifier
- Advanced Audio Processing includes: Electronic Crossover, Correction Filters
for Phase and Frequency Response
- Integral Stand Mount and QuickFly mounting options facilitate rigging
Meyer Sound ULTRA-X40 Applications:
- Stadiums and theme parks
- Concert halls and houses of worship
- Theatrical sound reinforcement
- Portable and installed audio-visual systems
- Compact voice reinforcement systems
Because of its proprietary, high-frequency horns, the beamwidth remains consistent
within close tolerances in both the horizontal and vertical planes and across
the horns’ operating frequency range. Uniformly predictable polar behavior
takes much of the guesswork out of system design and assures optimal system
A proprietary three-channel, class D digital power amplifier powers the ULTRA-X40/42
loudspeakers, which each have a total peak power output of 1950 watts. Advanced
audio processing includes electronic crossover, correction filters for phase
and frequency response, and driver protection circuitry. Phase-corrected electronics
ensure flat acoustical amplitude and phase response, resulting in exceptional
impulse response and precise imaging. The amplifier/processing package incorporates
Meyer Sound’s Intelligent AC™, which auto-selects the correct operating
voltage, suppresses high voltage transients, filters EMI and provides soft-start
power-up. The ULTRA-X40/42 cabinet provides audio XLR and powerCON20 input and
looping output connectors.