Whirlwind DIRECT-JT: Passive DI with Jensen Transformers!
The Direct-JT is the top-of-the-line passive DI from Whirlwind. The Whirlwind Direct-JT features the Jensen JT-DB-EPC transformer - world renown for wide frequency response and superior noise rejection characteristics.
Extruded aluminum housing with recessed switches provides expected Whirlwind durability.
Whirlwind Direct-JT Features:
- 1/4" input jacks can be used as "INPUT / THRU" or they may be combined with the "COMBINE" pushbutton to safely sum stereo feeds to a single channel.
- "FILTER / OFF" button engages a filter that emulates the frequency response of a microphone placed in front of a 12” speaker.
- "PAD" button engages 15dB pad for reducing hot input levels.
- "REV / Ø" button reverses the polarity from pin 2 hot to pin 3 hot for correcting non-standard equipment and mis-wired cables or for creating special effects.
- "LIFT / GND" button to help eliminate hum and buzz.
Whirlwind Direct-JT General Specs:
- Impedance Ratio: 133:1
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz re:1kHz, -0.08dB / -0.07dB
- THD @ 20Hz: 0.036%
- THD @ 1kHz: less than 0.001%
- -3dB BW: 100kHz