Yamaha SM15V: 15 inch 2-Way Speaker
Club V - The Evolution Of Sound Reinforcement!
Gigging bands, mobile DJs and houses of worship have helped make the first four generations of Yamaha Club Series Speakers incredibly popular. The refinements of generation V continue this success story: larger enclosures for improved low-frequency performance, improved drivers for higher power handling, redesigned crossovers, stronger grilles, and dual Speakon and 1/4" connectors.
These cabinets are constructed of high quality particleboard, chosen for its high strength and elasticity, consistent void free makeup and light weight. Another great benefit of this material is its environmental friendliness. Made from southern yellow pine, this material is both abundant and quickly renewable. Accurate CNC routing machines are used to cut every part, assuring consistency with tolerances of one ten thousandth of an inch. Skilled technicians assemble each cabinet by hand, rejecting any defects. Whether covered in durable carpet or the elastomeric spray coating, heavy steel handles and sturdy pole sockets make moving and positioning easy.
The drivers, or speakers in these cabinets, are custom made by Eminence Speaker Corporation to Yamaha's exacting tolerances. Woofers share design features like high strength curvilinear cones and Dupont Kapton voice coil formers. Oxygen-free copper voice coils and oversize strontium ferrite magnets are also used to provide high power handling and long life. The 15" and 18" drivers use cast aluminum frames to support the massive magnet structure eliminate flex and help dissipate heat. The compression driver that generates the high frequency sound uses a pure titanium diaphragm. This 2" dome is one of the largest in its class, allowing for very high output and low distortion, without the aid of cooling fluids. It's mated to a 90 degrees x 90 degrees custom designed horn with excellent dispersion and response.
Crossover networks that divide the signal going to the woofer and compression driver are constructed with oversized coils, high voltage capacitors, and power resistors designed to provide the best possible sound quality and minimize loss. Overload protection is also included to protect the components.
Yamaha SM15V FEATURES:
- 15" Low Frequency Driver
- 2" High Frequency Titanium Dome Compression Driver
- 40 x 90 degree dispersion
- Pole socket - allows use as a main speaker
- Great where size is a concern
- 500 Watt Power Handling
- Painstaking selection of parts and components, optimized wooden enclosures, and a thorough reevaluation of speaker capacity take sonic performance to a new level.
- Dual phone jacks and dual Speakon connectors for input and parallel connection.
- Protection circuit prevents excessive tweeter input due to acoustic feedback or other causes.
- Durable exterior with a carpeted surface, arced steel grille, and large metal handles for improved portability.
- Angled cabinet for easy floor monitor placement.
- All monitor models are equipped with a pole socket for use with speaker stands.
- The YSProcessing (Yamaha Speaker Processing) switch provided on the EMX series powered mixers and P series amplifiers enhances matching for even greater sonic impact.
Yamaha SM15V APPLICATIONS:
- Portable Sound
- Live Sound Reinforcement / Floor - Stage Monitor
- Speech Reinforcement
- A/V & Institutional Venues